10.5.08

A NEW FACE

Hello all, and welcome to what will be the new "Verve Productions" website.

My goal is to keep you all more consistently updated on what I (and my crew) have been up to -- not only to keep you all more informed, but to keep myself busy. This includes simple blog entries, behind the scenes photographs, and videos of Verve movies or trailers to publicize upcoming ones.

That being said, I will keep this first entry short and sweet. Below you will find a short film by my very close friend of more than decade: Mr. Clayton Ashley. He has been a Verve crew member on nearly everything I've ever made. The film is called "An Adult Conversation, as Imagined by Kids". It was inspired by an article in the New Yorker. Cute stuff. I believe he won some awards for it back in our high school days. You will also find a snapshot I took of a rig I built to use for the stop-motion sequences in the music video I am shooting for "The Armory" (myspace found here). The song is called "High School Team" and the video will be shot on Super 8. Expect it online in the near future.

Anyway...here's the stop-motion rig. I won't go into what it does or how I intend to use it. You'll see soon enough.



And here's Clayton's short flick. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Bruce L. Snell said...

Great to see you "out there" again!

Anonymous said...

loved it!I am the loudest!

Anonymous said...

my favorite writer, producer, director and white guy. Its great to see Verve in gear again.

- The guy with the chainsaw.