Hey, everybody.
First off, I'm still working diligently on getting the premier for "Sick" squared away. It's proving to be a little more difficult than I expected.
Secondly, I'm putting together what will be known as "The Verve Anthology". Every movie (including the one below). Color + sound corrected. All the special features I could muster up. Matching artwork. It should be a neat little package. Coming soon.
Finally, I thought I'd share this with all of you. Below, you will find a short film we did back in high school called "Fish & Chips 3: Yurhurburns". The first "Fish & Chips" was shot on December 23, 2003. Everyone involved was a freshman in high school. It would later be known as the first "Verve Production". The movie itself was plotless and almost entirely improvised. A couple years after, "Fish & Chips 2: Bacon & Pepto" was released. Once again, plotless and full of improv. This became the "Fish & Chips" formula. Whenever we would get the urge to shoot something on a whim -- something irreverent, short, and silly -- well...that was "Fish & Chips".
"Yurhurburns" is 100% recycled footage from a short film we had to shoot for a video class in high school entitled "Late for a Date". The short is centered around a guy who is...you guessed it...late for a date. What ensues is whackyness and hilarity at its most contrived. The script was from a text book and was an exercise in something that I can't quite remember -- something extremely elementary. We all hated the finished product and decided (after suffering from several days of cabin fever in the cramped editing suite) to cut some action shots together and make some more "Fish & Chips". Is it asinine? Avant garde? I don't know. But it makes me laugh.

1 comment:
I have been trying to get my mits on some of these Verve movies for a while now-- thanks for getting an anthology together. Great call.
Someone with massive amounts of time on their hands should get photos of all of us through the years together. That would be a trip!
Post a Comment